Officers and Board of Directors
Vadim Daniel Thomas, Director at Large
Associate Vice President Public Safety and Emergency Management
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 Eighth Street
Troy, NY USA 12180
GUIDELINES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF NECUSA BOARD MEMBERS
This document clarifies the responsibilities of NECUSA Board Members and to provide information to those Association members considering running for a Board position. As we cannot anticipate all events and circumstances, this information should not be considered inclusive.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Board members are expected to attend all Board meetings and scheduled conference calls. Board members who cannot attend must contact the President at the earliest opportunity.
- Board members are expected to actively participate in meeting discussions and shall vote on all issues presented unless abstaining.
- Meetings are conducted utilizing Roberts Rules of Order.
- The primary means of communication between meetings is e-mail. Board members are expected to check e-mail regularly and respond when requested.
- The President may opt to schedule an electronic meeting to discuss and/or vote on issues of immediate importance to the Association.
- All Board members, with the exception of the President, are required to serve on at least one committee each year. Requests for exceptions to this requirement must be reviewed and approved by the President.
- Committee descriptions and assignments will be distributed to Board members within 60 days of the annual installation ceremony.
- The President serves as the Chief Operating Officer of the Association and is an ex officio member of all committees.
- Board members are expected to attend Professional Development programs when possible.