Reluctantly, but with a sense of duty to our Higher Ed security colleagues, NECUSA has decided that due to the myriad of issues created by the current Covid-19 crisis, we are transitioning our 67th annual conference from a live format to a virtual format; a first in NECUSA history!
Our intention is to do the following:
- Conduct the conference on the same dates – Mon./Tue. June 15th & 16th
- Provide a 2 hour live interactive webinar with D. Stafford and Associates – Mon. 6/15, 9a-11a
- Provide a 2 hour live interactive webinar with Jim Moore – our friend and colleague from the Department of Ed – Mon. 6/15 1p-3p
- Provide a live interactive Cracker Barrel – Tue. 6/16 9a-10:30a
- Provide all other conference sessions via pre-recorded videos which can be viewed at your leisure. These include:
- Combating Antisemitism/Bias in Higher Ed.
- Non-lethal Self Harm
- Gender Identity
- Fire Safety
All of the above is FREE to our current paid members.
All of the above is being offered for $50.00 to any non-member institution wishing to attend our 67th annual conference. Given the virtual format this means as many personnel from your department who want to attend the conference sessions will be able to – you will not find a better value for your budget dollars!
In addition to the above, and as a way to thank our NECUSA members, those members who register for the conference will receive:
- An invitation to participate in a live interactive private Business Meeting during which we will vote on by-law changes and board elections – Tue. 6/16, 1p-3p
- A “welcome gift” conference attendees would have received (1 per member institution)
**REGISTRATION INFORMATION BELOW**
CALL FOR BOARD ELECTION NOMINATIONS (Members only)
We have two (2) board positions up for election this year:
- Treasurer (2 year term)
- Director-at-Large (3 year term)
Any current institutional member representative who would like to run for one of these board positions, please submit your written intention to do so (e-mail is fine) to one of the Executive Board members. Voting for these positions will be conducted via Survey Monkey.
AWARDS/SCHOLARSHIP NOMINATIONS (Members only)
Is there someone in your department who should be recognized for their exemplary performance? Do you have a child enrolled in an institution of Higher Ed? NECUSA offers a number of awards/scholarships available to your staff and children. Nominations can be submitted on-line at www.NECUSA.org.
To register for this year’s NECUSA conference, please e-mail one of the Executive Board members at:
Non-NECUSA members will be invoiced.
NEXT YEAR’S CONFERENCE
This year’s conference was to have been held at beautiful Connecticut College in Groton CT. We will hold our 68th annual NECUSA conference at the same location June 13-16 2021. Please hold those dates and plan to attend next year.
We hope each of you and your institutions stay safe and healthy during this unprecedented time, and know that NECUSA and your fellow members are here to support you.